The London Blog Club, organised by Murray Newlands and Marko Saric is an open source group, an offline hub for bloggers at all levels to get together to discuss how to develop a blog, engage and build relationships with the online community through blogging and other social media platforms. What makes this monthly meetup unique is the focus on having an educational element to the event through open discussion, guest speakers and optional individual goal setting. This coupled with the relaxed, open and supportive nature of the group make it a great place to get to know other bloggers of all backgrounds and levels.
Some top of the line essential considerations for any blog that we discussed:
- Establish your objective – what do you hope to achieve with your blog
- Set goals to achieve your objective, this will help focus your efforts on maintaining and growing your blog – blogging take dedication! This might include setting aside regular time to blog, having a regular posting schedule so others know when to expect your posts
- Understand your audience – identify where and how to reach your audience, go where they are
- Connect and create conversations with your audience – build community, engage with other bloggers etc.
- Build trust with your audience online and offline
- Create consistency and interlink your profile across your social media platforms
- Ensure content is shareable across various social media platforms and email
- Personality – let your personality shine through your blog
- Integrate search into you blog
- Most importantly, blog about you what you are passionate about, this will help all of the above fall into place as well as keeping the blog posts flowing regularly
I will provide a more detailed explanation of the above in a separate post.
Who would this blog club event be suitable for?
Bloggers of all levels or those interested in starting a blog. Everyone can contribute to the open conversation and benefit whether through expanding your network, sharing your expertise to learning a thing or two about blogging.
Please feel free to join (free of charge) the next London Blog Club. I’d be interested in hearing what you would like to get out of a blog club?